Wanted YZ400 After Market Parts

4 replies to this topic
  • BchBumCal

Posted May 29, 2001 - 09:29 PM

hey fellow thumper bums, just bought a slightly used, stock 98 yz400, after 25 years of 2 strokes this should be interesting, would like to find some parts for it, like a bolt on stand, silencer/spark arrestor, lighting stator, maybe a baja kit, and anything else anybody has to make it more trail friendly, thanks

• Bill

Posted May 29, 2001 - 03:00 PM

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 05-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 05-29-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted May 29, 2001 - 03:35 PM

Beach Bum-

I think what Bill meant was "shoulda bought a WR". But since you have the YZ, probably the best things to do to make it friendlier is a flywheel weight (10-12oz) and lower your gearing if it isn't already. Do searches in this forum for varying advise on what brand, how to install, $$$, etc. The WR has 14oz heavier weight and a wide ratio transmission.

Do you really need lights? That is going to be expensive. If you can do without them, that money can be used for other stuff. The WR has this stock.

Kickstands can be found in either bolt on, strap/bolt on, or weld on. The WR has this stock. Sorry, I don't know who makes the best one, but I think a few searches may help.

I can sell or trade you my WR exhaust pipe, it has an internal spark arrestor to keep yo legal. But it is heavier than your stock pipe. I can trade and pay shipping to get my pipe to you in Cali. Email me at mcarpent@uu.net. Otherwise decent aftermarket pipes run $350+, I believe stroker and FMF would be the ticket for SA's

Good luck, let me know if you want to trade pipes.

• BchBumCal

Posted May 30, 2001 - 10:18 AM

no body has an after market muffler/spark arrestor out there? oh well, i know cobra makes an ad on for other bikes but they dont have one specificly for the YZ400, does anybody know the sparky i should get to fit on my stock muffler, i see they have one that says FMF oval angle, the decription works, thanks Beach

• 4banger

Posted May 31, 2001 - 09:52 PM

Check this out.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.