programming the CDI module

1 reply to this topic
  • jacknifejonny

Posted June 25, 2011 - 04:21 AM

Good morning forum, I do not know how to even start programming my CDI ignition for alternate performance maps. to start with, what equipment is needed to even start programming, do I need to buy a computer cable for my laptop that will interface with the CDI box? DO I need to buy a program for windows 7 that will allow me to view my CDI settings? I have a 2004 YZ450F? Please help if you can, JON

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted June 25, 2011 - 05:17 AM

The stock CDI is not programmable. A real computer wiz might be able to make a program and some sort of a cable to do it, but there is nothing out on the market to do it. If you want to program your CDI you need to buy an aftermarket one that is programmable and comes with software to do it. You also need to know everything about ignition timing curves if you are messing with CDI programming or else you can cause some serious damage.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.