Graphics removal (revisited)

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 29, 2001 - 06:59 AM

I know we already discussed this once but, what is the easiest way to remove your OEM graphics prior to installing new ones? Heat gun or chemical?

Roostn in Golden

• motoman393

Posted May 29, 2001 - 07:55 AM

I think the 2 easiest ways are: 1). Turn the pressure washer on the narrow beam setting and spray them off 2). or spray around the edges with compressed air @ 100psi and it takes them off very quickly :) !

Of course you can do it the "ole fashioned way" by heating it up and getting your fingernails full of adhesive, by pulling it off one piece at a time! Basically what ever floats your boat! All the methods work but some take longer than others!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• Haro

Posted May 29, 2001 - 08:07 AM

Dennis Kirk sells some stuff specifically for sticker removal...never used it but a friend told me that it works pretty good....cost about 5 bucks a bottle

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 29, 2001 - 08:53 AM

Just go buy a Kawi..............
The graphics come off just very simply
Ride It TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
NOPE..........BOY.......
That's not thunder ridin' your BUTT .........
It's a whole Damn HURRICANE!!!!!!

• MXOldtimer

Posted May 29, 2001 - 09:28 PM

Checkout

WWW.rapidtac.com

Doug

• JSB

Posted May 29, 2001 - 05:54 PM

Thank MXOldtimer...

I own Rapid Tac Inc. and we make products for both removing and also installing vinyl graphics just like the ones that come on our YZF's. If anyone would like to try Free Samples please email me directly or email my office at www.rapidtac.com . Yes this is for real, I extended this to the readers of rec.motorcycles.dirt , and would like to help show you all how easy dealing with this stuff can be. The easiest way to remove the old Factory stuff is to mildly heat the decal with a blow dryer ( avoid the heat guns on high settings, as you just melt the decal and can really make life a pain) peel the decal slowly off as you keep it pliable and warm, then spray our product ( Rapid Remover ( It is a natural non toxic adhesive remover) on the stick adhesive left behind, wait 90 seconds and whipe off with a paper towell. Pretty simple.
Good luck everyone.

------------------
01 YZ426

• F-Pilot

Posted May 29, 2001 - 07:20 PM

I,ve had good luck on the Yamaha warning stickers by heating them from under the fender and they peel right off.
Great offer JSB, you can watch for my e-mail soon.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.