Screw for odometer knob

4 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted August 29, 2003 - 03:48 PM

Where can i buy the little screw that holds the odometer knob on ? i dont this the dealer sells separate parts for the odo. :)

• xr600r

Posted August 29, 2003 - 03:51 PM

think * :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 29, 2003 - 07:21 PM

I lost mine. I used a screw from a Triumph T-Bird speedo' knob. Loads of bikes use the same screw, try the dealers/wreckers in your area. I now have a small blob of silicone in the screw hole to stop the screw coming right out. My screw has backed out twice now, but the knob has stayed intact until I go to reset the tripmeter, then it came right out.The second time I used a dab of blue Loc-Tite, good so far. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 29, 2003 - 09:50 PM

This is a common problem. When I had my 426 I lost the little bugger too.... :)

• scott_h

Posted August 30, 2003 - 01:08 AM

For the guys that haven't lost them yet, check the screw for tightness and put a little dab of RTV (silicon) to seal off the hole in the end of the knob. This has been a technique I've used to deal with this problem on Yamaha odometers since at least the early 80s.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.