2011 yz450f exhaust recommendations ?

37 replies to this topic
  • onelik

Posted June 23, 2011 - 09:10 PM

So I'm looking around for pipes but just dont know if they're all the same or do others make a bigger difference than others. Or or if i should stick to stock pipe and should just buy the gytr programer I heard it's the same as changing pipes. Also I'm more of a desert rider than a track rider and advice would help.

• Troutman

Posted June 24, 2011 - 07:43 PM

YOSH and the tuner :thumbsup:

• HRC

Posted June 25, 2011 - 10:53 PM

ARROW and the tuner ! :thumbsup:

• rickallen124

Posted June 26, 2011 - 04:46 PM

Depends on what kind of power you want. Pull longer on top? Mellower and broader or more hit? Spark arrestor required? MXA did a test and preffered the Yoshimura RS-4 and Pro-circuit pipes but that is mx. I have the Yosh and love it and yes the tuner does make a difference. You might try to find some tests and see what suits your needs.

• SEOINAGE

Posted June 27, 2011 - 04:18 AM

Ordered an MRD last weekend, won't know how good it is for a few more weeks, but at least I know it will be built well. performance should do what the others do as well.

• THE-OG-694

Posted June 27, 2011 - 06:44 AM

Yosh, is all that needs to be said...

• onelik

Posted June 28, 2011 - 03:12 PM

Yosh, is all that needs to be said...

Would the slip yosh work or should I get the full system

• brentn

Posted June 28, 2011 - 06:40 PM

I bought a power commander five long before I bought a pipe and found a noticable difference in top end power after the install. Leaning out the fuel map and making it more precise is a great mod just like adding a pipe.
I bought an FMF 4.1 slip on later on and again noticed a much larger gain in mid-top end power.

It's been proven that the stock header flows very well, and a slip on will net the best gain for the price. If you want to save some weight then grab the full setup.

My .02 cents.

From what I have read, almost all of the slip on's are great buys!.
I wish that Yoshimura would make that duel outlet slip on for the yammy though!

• Troutman

Posted June 28, 2011 - 07:21 PM

I would go for the full system, I got mine for under $475 (Stainless new on E bay)

• THE-OG-694

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:10 PM

I did the slip on first, then the full system and i could not tell the difference between the two...the slip on is cool also because it came with the removable spark arrestor...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Quernix

Posted June 29, 2011 - 05:18 AM

I did the slip on first, then the full system and i could not tell the difference between the two...the slip on is cool also because it came with the removable spark arrestor...

Thanks for sharing - you just saved me some cash...

What did you feel when you put the slip-on on?

• THE-OG-694

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for sharing - you just saved me some cash...

What did you feel when you put the slip-on on?

Smooth power with a little more bottom mid and top, also i added two teeth to the rear and removed the spark arrestor...i only ride tracks so it’s unnecessary..

• Pmason718

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:57 PM

Anyone heard anything good or bad about the Vance & Hines XCR

http://www.vanceandh.../YZ450/xcr.html

• Quernix

Posted July 04, 2011 - 09:47 PM

http://www.nxtbook.c....php?startid=42
Click preview.

• Pmason718

Posted July 05, 2011 - 06:03 AM

Click preview.

Thank you thank you thank you. I wonder if anyone on here has this exhaust

• Pmason718

Posted July 05, 2011 - 07:10 AM

Click preview.

B/c I don't have a subscription I can't read the whole article. I was able to read about 4 exhaust but the one I wanted to read about I couldn't which was the Vance and Hines

• SEOINAGE

Posted July 05, 2011 - 09:26 AM

Looked like they clearly liked the yosh the best. I was considering a yosh but went with the MRD instead although I don't have a nice shootout report to tell me it is best, I hope it is comparable to the yosh.

• Quernix

Posted July 05, 2011 - 12:06 PM

B/c I don't have a subscription I can't read the whole article. I was able to read about 4 exhaust but the one I wanted to read about I couldn't which was the Vance and Hines

Mellowest power down low, more overrev. Everybody but Novices wanted more everywhere. Quietest exhaust in test.

Recomendations were Yosh or Akra.

• Pmason718

Posted July 06, 2011 - 08:36 AM

If you someone was going to buy it for you which one would you choose Yosh or Akra and would you need a PCIII or V

• grayracer513

Posted July 06, 2011 - 10:57 AM

How about not making the assumption that we all know what you mean by "PCIII"?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.