klx no spark

12 replies to this topic
  • dirtbike1445

Posted June 23, 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hey guys, beating my head on the wall with this issue im having with my 05 110. Bike randomly stopped giving me spark a while back. Ive replaced the coil, plug, plug wire. Ive checked for continuity on pretty much every wire on the damn thing. I have voltage coming out of the stator. Any problem areas I should look at? I have no idea what else is can be, also sometimes onm the first kick there is a faint spark but that is all. Thanks in advanced !!!:thumbsup:

• Rome06379

Posted June 23, 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hey guys, beating my head on the wall with this issue im having with my 05 110. Bike randomly stopped giving me spark a while back. Ive replaced the coil, plug, plug wire. Ive checked for continuity on pretty much every wire on the damn thing. I have voltage coming out of the stator. Any problem areas I should look at? I have no idea what else is can be, also sometimes onm the first kick there is a faint spark but that is all. Thanks in advanced !!!:ride:

Check your ground wire[s]:thumbsup:

• dirtbike1445

Posted June 23, 2011 - 04:26 PM

where are they located? I see the one under the gas tank of the left side. is there any others.

• 03sik50

Posted June 24, 2011 - 04:41 AM

rev box could be bad???

• XLR8RR

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:35 AM

Clean out the neutral position switch. It's right next to the front sprocket. If it gets dirty, it's like pushing the kill switch at random. Or cut the light green wire and ground it to the frame to bypass the neutral safety switch and enable the bike to be bump-started. Might be the CDI, but usually, they either work or they don't.

• 03sik50

Posted June 24, 2011 - 10:54 AM

seems like you'll be doing a lot of chasing to figure this one out. Let us know what you find out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtbike1445

Posted June 24, 2011 - 03:17 PM

beating my head against the wall with this thing, I'll let you know what I find out. My buddies got a 110 too so i can try his cdi box this weekend hopefully

• dirtbike1445

Posted June 27, 2011 - 10:24 AM

turned out to be the cdi. put my buddies on and it started in two kicks. thanks for the help.

• XLR8RR

Posted June 27, 2011 - 12:24 PM

That's good. At least you know what it is now.
If you need a new one, this works great. Supposedly, the Tokyo Mods is the only aftermarket CDI that does anything besides raise the rev limit.
[COLOR="Blue"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250844236374&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/COLOR]

• 03sik50

Posted June 28, 2011 - 04:54 AM

ding ding ding :thumbsup: Glad you got it fixed.

• meeks150

Posted July 12, 2011 - 03:05 PM

i am having the same problem but i have replaced the stator, grounded netural switch, cdi is new same with coil. i took my buddies working kill switch and still nothing. grounds are great. all i get is a spark every once in a while. some one said it might be the flywheel? any one ran into this before. i am also looking for a new flywheel any one have one that they want to sell?

• dirtbikeracer155

Posted July 26, 2011 - 09:38 PM

alright so im having the same problem i bought an 04 klx 110 and the nuetral bumb was clogged so we cut it and ground it the bike had spark started up and shut off now there is no spark at all? what do i do its starting to make me mad

• 03sik50

Posted July 27, 2011 - 01:17 PM

check the ground and maybe re-clean the neutral switch. Check the killswitch as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Kawasaki USA Recalls About 10,000 Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KLX 110
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 klx110 mod by jMclear1

• 1 reply
Reviews

Kawasaki KLX110 2013 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KLX110 2013
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z70 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Suzuki DR-Z70 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Who has the best looking klx/drz 110 on thumpertalk by YZ KLX Rider

• Hot  82 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.