KTM 300 with Christini AWD conversion?

7 replies to this topic
  • MotoMac

Posted June 23, 2011 - 12:21 PM

Anyone have any experience with a Christini all-wheel-drive system on a KTM 300 smoker? One just came up for sale not too far away and I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who has ridden one or been around someone who owns one.

Thanks...

• zilla

Posted June 23, 2011 - 01:40 PM

There's one for sale in Iraq??

• timmyp8823

Posted June 23, 2011 - 03:13 PM

Haha I assume he is in Washington,because I just saw one on CL yesterday.

• timmyp8823

Posted June 23, 2011 - 03:18 PM

BTW I see that they are now selling complete bikes. The 300 uses a GasGas engine. The 300 2 stroke strangely seems to cost 2k more than the 450 4t. Perhaps just an error on their site?? The bikes they sell seem to have an on/off switch for the AWD that I'm not sure that the kitted bikes have. http://www.christini...stiniawd300.php

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoMac

Posted June 23, 2011 - 11:12 PM

There's one for sale in Iraq??

Oops.....haven't been on here in a while and need to change that. I'm currently in Kuwait and will move back to the Northwest next month. Timmyp is right....I saw it in the Boise CL and was intrigued.

As I thought about it last night, plus read what I could online, it looks like it might be a bit much for an older, casual trail rider. I'll be getting back into the trails after a multi-year layoff, so think it would be wise for me to adhere to the KISS principle.

• timmyp8823

Posted June 23, 2011 - 11:18 PM

But man it would sure be sweet to have a bike that would pull you straight over those slick,surprise roots,instead of slam you down on your side! The buy in is still a little steep for me to experiment with it though.

• MotoMac

Posted June 24, 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think you saw the ad that I saw....a 2008 300 XC-W Christini for about $6800. That's a little more acceptable than a new one. Of course you don't know what condition it would be in, and considering all the extra mechanical items, it could quickly get very expensive.

I think I'm going to go back to looking for a clean, recent, 400....best selection for an old guy who just wants to play on the mountain trails of Idaho!

• timmyp8823

Posted June 25, 2011 - 06:51 AM

I think you saw the ad that I saw....a 2008 300 XC-W Christini for about $6800. That's a little more acceptable than a new one. Of course you don't know what condition it would be in, and considering all the extra mechanical items, it could quickly get very expensive.

I think I'm going to go back to looking for a clean, recent, 400....best selection for an old guy who just wants to play on the mountain trails of Idaho!

Yup that's the one,however I think I saw it in the Portland section. It looks like a very nice bike,but I guess even Pamela Anderson looks good in pictures. It's what's on the inside that can burn ya. Lol BTW,don't over look the KTM 200's for a trail scooter. I love mine,and the worse the trail gets,the happier I am that I'm not sitting on top of a ton of cams and valves!:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.