carb slider broke help? wr400f 98

6 replies to this topic
  • wrtom

Posted June 23, 2011 - 09:37 AM

hi my wr is not looking to healthy and could do with some ideas please the vaccum seal/ slider? in the carb has snapped a bit of the corner and gone in the engine . split the engine down and thats okay now missed all the valves!! and done no damage :thumbsup: but now needing a new slider? or possibly a new or 2nd hand carb ? any one with ideas dont rearly have a big budget . cheers tom:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted June 24, 2011 - 02:43 AM

Your slide is prone to cracking, gets worse as the carb body becomes worn. Not much you can do other than buying a new slide (and eventually it will crack again) or getting late model carb. There is no cheap fix.

• wrtom

Posted June 24, 2011 - 11:32 AM

will any later carb fit or is thier a certain one which works works great? ive been reading to and theirs a chance it will make it run smoother, better? cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted June 24, 2011 - 11:53 AM

All should fit.
You will need to ensure the TPS is adjusted properly. Hot start changed to a cable though I do not recall when. Any carb from 03 on is a good choice (though I am sure I'll corrected, I hope, if I am mistaken).

Keep in mind, another used carb could be even more worn out than yours, so buyer beware.

• Kawidad

Posted June 25, 2011 - 07:44 AM

With the help/advice of William1 and others I did the same. I replaced my carb with one from a YZ450. I got it off of fleabay for a reasonable price (cheaper than a new part). It bolts right up and works better than the original.

• wrtom

Posted June 27, 2011 - 12:22 PM

hello ive found a carb on ebay and it would be great help if you could get back to this before 9pm uk time 2moro haha. its a yfz450 carb ?? surely its the same but i'd rather be safe than sorry :thumbsup:

• wrtom

Posted June 30, 2011 - 11:22 AM

ive found a 39mm keihin carb of a 2007 is that 2 new ? sorry for being such a newbie :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.