1998 WR400F Piston Part #

1 reply to this topic
  • anoldsman

Posted June 23, 2011 - 06:26 AM

I need to order a piston for my 1998 WR400F and the dealer shows two part numbers. These are the numbers - 5GR-11631-00-00 and 5BE-11631-02-B0. Does anyone know what the differences are?

Edited by anoldsman, June 23, 2011 - 07:18 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • anoldsman

Posted July 13, 2011 - 09:33 AM

The dealer called me a while back and told me that there is an "A" and a "B" version with a slight size difference. Then proceeded to tell me that the mechanic recommended the "A" size without even knowing my cylinder dimensions. I told them that I saw a "B" stamped in the bottom of the cylinder so they ordered me a "B" piston. The clearance was good so I am crossing my fingers.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.