Wr450 Suspension help

3 replies to this topic
  • georover1

Posted June 20, 2011 - 08:27 PM

I ride an XR650 and i just rebuilt my front and rear suspension following Borynack's very detailed valve stack setups for many different riding styles and its amazing. My riding buddy has a (not sure of the year) WR450, its the last year for the steel frame. Anyway he wants me to help with his suspension and im not finding as much info on the WR as far as re-shiming. He's about 175 lbs and wants it set up for fast desert riding. Big woops occasional drops, etc. Has anyone composed a similar shim guide for the WR? Or could someone give a suggestion of what they did? Spring rate, shim stack, oil,etc.
Thanks a lot.

• MANIAC998

Posted June 21, 2011 - 03:21 AM

You might want to list this in the Suspension forum also, you'll probably get more help. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 21, 2011 - 06:54 AM

Order DaveJ's DIY kit and be done with it!

• georover1

Posted June 21, 2011 - 08:17 AM

Perfect. Thanks for the info.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.