Hello and thanks

3 replies to this topic
  • dubious

Posted August 28, 2003 - 09:44 PM

Just wanted to say hello all and thanks to many for sharing their info.This is without a doubt the most informative site I have found . :)
If it weren't for the many usefull contributions to this site there would be alot of wr450's still running like xr250's. Thank goodness. After coming off a modified 70 HP @rear wheel :D(read -retarded-) CR500 I thought I had bought a dawg. Well after uncorking the bike I am almost completely satisfied.
Did somebody say they were getting 58HP out of these bikes ? Point me that way please. Ohh yah :D

• Beta_Man

Posted August 28, 2003 - 09:55 PM

Just curious as why you put in a yz throttle stop and cut the grey wire I thought this was only a USA thing. I know mine didnt need the throttle shortened I am not to sure about the grey wire though. Did you make it out to the vega hare scramble. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted August 29, 2003 - 08:50 AM

Welcome to the Fourm. The only rule is, that when you learn something new, pass it on....

Bonzai :)

• dubious

Posted September 04, 2003 - 03:34 PM

The throttle stop was the short one, and the grey wire I disconnected anyways *(did not cut it). When I brought the bike home the jetting was off so bad that I could hardly start it with the kick starter, The e start would never have got it running -I tried the battery died. The thing was so plugged up I started modifiing it before it even had 10 km on it. I was so dissapointed I just started doing all the mods I could info about. What an awesome machine now. But I was ready to return it to the dealer after my first 2 minute ride. I guess I was so frustrated and the only info was about US machines at the time. I picked mine up in early February.
Yamaha should have put a 5 speed in the Yz. They would sella ton more of them. Everybody wants the power, but a 4 speed is good for motocross only. Who needs electric start now. Mine starts 1st kick.

No I did not make it to Vega, I work shiftwork.
But I plan to do as many Hare scrambles as possible and a few moto's with it in 2004. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.