check-point stub holders

6 replies to this topic
  • stucknbaja

Posted August 28, 2003 - 07:13 PM

Do any of you guys use, or have you seen, anything kinda trick for holding check-point stubs during deset races? I'm currently using a medicine bottle with some duct tape over the top and a slit cut in that, but I have to believe there is something cleaner than this. I'm trying to come up with something myself but thought I'd check to see if anyone here had a good idea.
Thanks

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted August 29, 2003 - 07:28 AM

Nobody mass produces one for bike guys, only car racers.
Team Green used to machine trick ones for thier factory bikes. We copied their idea and made a few which have since disappeared.

You're on the right track with the little bottle and you'll be as factory as anyone else nowdays!

• irondude

Posted August 29, 2003 - 01:41 PM

I use the handy little nail and screw holders/containers that are sold at HomeDepot. Product is called a 'Viewtainer' They are clear plastic with a pinch and open mouth- work great with a zip tye or two. I bought the first one from a vendor at the Baja 1000 in Ensenada for $10...
HomeDepot sells them for $1....
A 35mm film canister with some duct tape over the mouth and a slit would probably work.
Must be fun riding down there after the hurricane!
hasta,
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stucknbaja

Posted August 30, 2003 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Not too much change after the hurricane, at least right around here. Everythings getting green now and the cows are alot happier.

• redrdr67

Posted August 31, 2003 - 02:07 PM

There's a shop in Anaheim called McKenzie's that sells spun aluminum stub cans. I hose clamped and duct taped mine on the bars and it lasted 440 miles at one of the 500's. You can reach them at 714-441-1212.

• Cosmo

Posted September 01, 2003 - 02:36 PM

I saw your thoughts on a custom Stub can holder. I'm almost done with one for our Baja 1000 bike.I'll send a picture once it's finished(welded).I took a clutch perch,removed material where the pivot bolt was.Took a piece of aluminum rod stock drilled and opened it up untill it became a "can".It will be welded to the "perch" so that when you are sitting on the bike it will be facing outwards towards the grip.Also,the can opening uses ared rubber cap(with a slit opening).I'll have a picture this week. Brian.

• stucknbaja

Posted September 01, 2003 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Brian, that would be helpful.
Thanks for the phone number redrdr

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.