Problem 426F 01' No Fuel

10 replies to this topic
  • sid_125_04

Posted June 19, 2011 - 01:24 PM

I have an 01' 426 i just bought off a buddy that has set for about 2 or so years. I have soaked the carb in cleaner and cleaned the jetts, but the problem i am having is when i turn the fuel on the bowl will not fill up with fuel however if you take a lil compressed air and blow down the fuel line it will fill up but continue to over flow........Now my thinking is i need to recheck the float height and also maybe order a needle valve and valve seat and just be done with this. I bought this bike and its been 3 weeks and still have yet to ride it any help would be much appreciated.

• William1

Posted June 19, 2011 - 01:27 PM

Pull the float needle seat. There is a screen above it, probably fll of debris. Also, the oring may be dried out and cracked. Be sure to install a brand new pilot jet (not just a cleaned old one).

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2011 - 02:25 PM

my thinking is i need to recheck the float height and also maybe order a needle valve and valve seat and just be done with this.

I think you're on the right track. There is a screen built into the needle seat on those, too. It's also possible to assemble the float incorrectly and cause binding.

• sid_125_04

Posted June 19, 2011 - 02:44 PM

The thing is I can't get the valve seat out. How? According to the manual it should just come out I tried w needle nose and nothing I dk what to do I don't want to kill it but sounds like it needs replaced ne way.

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2011 - 04:38 PM

The seat is retained by a small screw that sits next to it and holds the seat into the carb body by clamping the flange on its edge. It's a small screw, and tight, so make sure your screwdriver fits.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sid_125_04

Posted June 19, 2011 - 05:44 PM

yeh i took it out and then tried the needle nose and still could not get it out at all tryed spaying cleaner at it and still nothing

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2011 - 07:13 PM

What is the number on the left side of the carb?

• sid_125_04

Posted June 20, 2011 - 05:09 PM

Took some work but i got it out and yuck. Luckly i had went ahead and ordered the valve and seat this morning so should have it for the weekend and also checking the settings and it has been rejetted before so well see when we get it running. The number is 5JG550PC07 i think it was scratched up. Thanks for the info guys.

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2011 - 08:34 PM

The number is 5JG550PC07 i think it was scratched up. Thanks for the info guys.

That is at least the same carb model it was supposed to have. I wondered whether it had been changed to a later one with a non-serviceable needle seat.

• StoneRacer

Posted June 21, 2011 - 10:25 AM

Do you have a chart with the carb numbers ?

• grayracer513

Posted June 21, 2011 - 11:13 AM

No. The carb numbers are listed in the service manuals. I might make one up, though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.