question about clutch covers

9 replies to this topic
  • okieonayamaha

Posted June 17, 2011 - 05:13 PM

I was wondering if you can run a hinson clutch cover with the rekluse auto clutch. It's a 2010 YZ450. I just like the looks better with the hinson than the rekluse cover.

• RiderX

Posted June 17, 2011 - 05:35 PM

As long as you use the thicker gasket that the Rekluse comes with you should be fine.

• grayracer513

Posted June 17, 2011 - 09:48 PM

Which Rekluse?

• HRC

Posted June 17, 2011 - 11:36 PM

I was wondering if you can run a hinson clutch cover with the rekluse auto clutch. It's a 2010 YZ450. I just like the looks better with the hinson than the rekluse cover.

If the Hinson cluthcover fits....why not go with the GYTR-cover (made by Hinson) Looks even better if you ask me. :ride:

Posted Image

• okieonayamaha

Posted June 19, 2011 - 12:32 AM

Greyracer I believe it is the core EXP I was looking at. HRC I agree about the GYTR cover but the bike came with the hinson cover already on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HRC

Posted June 19, 2011 - 12:42 AM

Greyracer I believe it is the core EXP I was looking at. HRC I agree about the GYTR cover but the bike came with the hinson cover already on it.

Ok....I see:ride:

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2011 - 06:32 AM

The Core EXP requires about 1/8" more room than the stock clutch (the Z-Start Pro fits under the stock cover). I'm not certain that the GYT-R or Hinson covers provide that, but if they do, there's no reason you can't use them. None of the Rekluse clutches ship with the old extra thick gasket that they used to use any more, but you can still get it from Rekluse.

Install the clutch and get it adjusted, then adjust the cable 2-2.5 turns tighter and remove the clutch cover. Hold the Hinson cover on the case without a gasket and work the lever. If you don't feel it come in contact with the pressure plate, it's probably OK.

Since you have both, you can also measure the depth of each.

• RiderX

Posted June 19, 2011 - 06:43 AM

I forgot about the EXP needing the deeper cover.

My Rekluse pro came with a slightly thicker gasket. Not super thick like the old school Rekluse came with.

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2011 - 07:57 AM

Not super thick like the old school Rekluse came with.

That was the one I was referring to. You can find it on the web site if you search for it a little. They make it as a matter of support for their older units, but they don't ship it with the clutches any more. The deeper cover is a much better approach, even though it adds $80-100 to the price.

• okieonayamaha

Posted June 19, 2011 - 06:01 PM

Thanks everyone.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.