woods set up 4 426

2 replies to this topic
  • wingie

Posted May 26, 2001 - 05:52 PM

i was just wondering if any off u guys out there could give me some pointers on setting my 2000 modle yz426 up 4 gnc style raceing.i would lke 2 soften up the intal stroke on the forkes so its a wee bit better 4 off road riding and any other tips that would help turn my bike into a even better off road weapon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 27, 2001 - 03:15 AM

Handguards and a hydration system will get you on the track. OOPs, get a flywheel weight also.

For stroke adjustments, you'll need valve changes in the forks. For tuning the suspension go to MX-Techs web site and they have a great tuning guide for suspension.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 05-27-2001).]

• mat

Posted May 31, 2001 - 07:13 PM

Originally posted by wingie:
i was just wondering if any off u guys out there could give me some pointers on setting my 2000 modle yz426 up 4 gnc style raceing.i would lke 2 soften up the intal stroke on the forkes so its a wee bit better 4 off road riding and any other tips that would help turn my bike into a even better off road weapon

Alot of my friends race gncc on yz/wr and all have race tech suspension and alot of summers racing products(they have a very nice hand guard kit)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.