Throttle Problems

5 replies to this topic
  • John450ky

Posted August 28, 2003 - 11:52 AM

I removed my carb. to re-jet. Everything worked great except my throttle hangs wide open. Any suggestions?
Thanks guys.......

• ill_caper

Posted August 28, 2003 - 03:09 PM

I had that happen to and it was because the throttle cable wetre being pinchec by the gas tank. Check the routing of the throttle cables? :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 28, 2003 - 03:13 PM

Whenever I rejet I reconnect the throttle cable to the carb wiith the tank off. Set your dual throttle cable slack and check your throttle motion before ever putting the tank back on. If the problem occurs after the tank is on you may be pinching something or have your throttle tube hanging up on something. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John450ky

Posted August 29, 2003 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I did have the tank off when installing, i really don't know what occurred. But with some minor throttle cable adjustments it works good. :)

• drzphatkid

Posted August 29, 2003 - 09:03 AM

Mine did the same thing, for me it was the two adjustable nuts on the throttle cable on the carb end they have to be just right. :)

Posted August 31, 2003 - 07:31 AM

im having that problem as we speak when i was trying to set up for a race and setbacks were occuring one after another.i had to skip the race because i didnt want to see how fast i can go around the track 5th gear pinned!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.