You Gotta Love It

10 replies to this topic
  • fastkevin

Posted May 26, 2001 - 03:28 PM

Was thinking of selling my 400 and getting a two stroke. Riding around Elsinore today changed my mind. You roll up on someone (who's)on a two stroke and they freak out (not everyone) I LOVE IT! They hear you coming, start rubber-necking,then slide off or pull over. The sound of the thumper scares the piss out of them. Then they get sandblasted by your roost.Was laughing so hard I had to pull off of the track. May still sell the 400, but won't buy a two stroke!

• Matt406

Posted May 27, 2001 - 07:23 PM

Yeah its great isnt it! I love getting behind little kids on 80's, pulling in the clutch and revving it to the rev limiter. they get so scared they will fall over! but be careful, my friend went to pass an 80 and as the kid looked over at him he unintentionaly swerved into him causing a bent header. Have fun.

• motojunkie

Posted May 28, 2001 - 01:24 AM

Oh, you're tough, making kids crash. Maybe if you knew how to ride that thing you wouldn't have time to pick on little kids. Grow up!

• MikeOK

Posted May 28, 2001 - 05:03 AM

You guys can keep up with those little punks on the 80's? Wow, you must be fast...

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted May 28, 2001 - 07:19 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • daveyg

Posted May 28, 2001 - 07:41 PM

I remember when I raced 80's and being terrorized by an open bike was not a grown up's idea of fun. I do recall though that there were many older guys that were extremely courteous to me.

Every time I rode my 426 (when I had still had it) I would never think of doing such a thing to a small kid. Are you sure your not 12 yourself? Have some common decency and you'd be surprised at how the karma will come back around for you. Kind of like the high school bully that demands kids lunch money and reflects on his past while he's watching Jeopardy, eating his second tub of Ben and Jerry's, and still living at home with mom and dad. Some things just have a way of working themselves out.

• fastkevin

Posted May 29, 2001 - 07:42 AM

This string has become depressing. The response about terrorizing kids was disheartening.

• 4banger

Posted May 29, 2001 - 09:13 PM

Yes, scaring kids is not very cool. Scaring adults is ok, though.

• Hick

Posted May 29, 2001 - 09:50 PM

I thought he was kidding. I thought it was funny. But that’s just me...

• overthebars_again

Posted May 30, 2001 - 06:48 AM

I though it was funny too, not taking it too seriously. Some of you guys are starting to sound like me...

I've found in my brief stint here on planet earth that Karma has a way of biting you in the @ss when you least expect it.

Peace out man!

• eBayThumper

Posted May 30, 2001 - 07:14 AM

I personally have been terrorized by these so called kids on 80's! You all make it seem like they are being abused but just wait 'till one cuts you off in the corner or lands on your leg over the double...maybe then you won't worry so much about making a little thumper thunder behind them. I say all's fair in racing and love...let 'em have it! They're like pesky little bees blowing smoke all over the place and running wild.

Man, some of you are WAY too uptight...Of course I'm joking and I hope you can gather that from the tone of this post.

Remember,,,you must BE the change you wish to see in the world...

Peace All, :)

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.