09 YZ450 exhaust

24 replies to this topic
  • autorodtechnologies

Posted July 18, 2011 - 07:57 AM

that will be helpful!!!

• jratcliffe3

Posted July 19, 2011 - 12:20 AM

After putting a big dent in my stock header, I didn't want to buy a full system, and a new header from Yamaha was expensive.

What I ended up doing was buying a DEP powerbomb header. The header is around 2-3mm smaller diameter than my stock shorty muffler, so I then had an aluminium adaptor made to make up the difference (slides over the header with a good fit, muffler then clamps onto the aluminium). I'm running a high comp Wossner piston, and this combination has great power right through.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • autorodtechnologies

Posted July 19, 2011 - 04:33 AM

Yea from everything I have been seeing the stock headpipe is to big.

• monkeymotocross

Posted July 19, 2011 - 07:39 PM

i just put a fmf mega bomb onto my stock muffler, ( only cause it was free and bran new :smirk: . the bike seemed to pull harder down low. worked well jumping free style ramps!

• autorodtechnologies

Posted July 19, 2011 - 07:59 PM

I may end up doing the mega bomb anyways. But want to see what he muffler does first.

I want to make sure i can get suspension dialed in first though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.