any experience w/cylinder works big bore kit?

3 replies to this topic
  • vet45

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:40 PM

does anyone have any experience with a big bore kit and or with the stroker crank also? quality? fit? performance? considering one for an 09 yz450f.

• OUCR250R

Posted June 17, 2011 - 05:38 AM

Do it! I put one on my bike about 10 hours ago and it has made the machine a completely different bike. It has so much power off the low end it is unreal. The pistons and cylinders are matched to within.0004 or something like that and I can attest that the engine noise is down significantly from the OEM setup. I only have 10 hours on mine riht now, but so far so good!

Edit: My sig is old, I have a 2009 YZ450F also

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michigantrailrider

Posted June 25, 2011 - 06:45 PM

Just put a big bore on my 03. No problems with fit issues and it made my bike stronger on the bottom end. On tight single tracks, my bike is easier to ride now. Overall, I am very pleased with the kit.

• big bore morgan

Posted September 07, 2011 - 09:28 PM

im riding a 2007 450 also..im at 3700ft..what r u guys jetted at?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.