FMF exhaust questions.

6 replies to this topic
  • PowerFiend

Posted August 28, 2003 - 08:48 AM

I sent an email question to FMF about a week ago, and still have not received an answer to the following questions. Can anyone here help me out?

- Differences between the moto and S/X powerbomb headers.
- Weight savings of the ti vs. stainless pb header.
- Differences between the std. and euro Q mufflers.

P.S. Anyone running a powerbomb with the stock muffler and a WB insert? I just bought a 02 WR426 and the header is bent.

thanks.

• StreetMoto

Posted August 28, 2003 - 09:53 AM

Im running the FMF powerbomb header with an FMF power core 4/SA pipe. The combo work really well I picked up a big boost from the mid range up.

Aaron

• WINGNUTT

Posted August 28, 2003 - 09:55 AM

I think the differance between the moto and sx is the moto is the stainless and the sx is the ti. the ti pipe is lighter but will dent much easier, if you are rideing where there are rocks buy the stainless. I put the stainless powerbomb with the ti 4 silencer with the quiet insert/spark arrestor on my WR426. it gave me more mid and low end without looseing any on the top. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted August 28, 2003 - 09:57 AM

I think the differance between the moto and sx is the moto is the stainless and the sx is the ti. the ti pipe is lighter but will dent much easier, if you are rideing where there are rocks buy the stainless. I put the stainless powerbomb with the ti 4 silencer with the quiet insert/spark arrestor on my WR426. it gave me more mid and low end without looseing any on the top. :)

How loud is that exhaust combo?

• StreetMoto

Posted August 28, 2003 - 03:25 PM

Ive not had my power core 4 measured but Id say its on the loud side. Around as loud as the stock uncorked WR pipe. sounds way better though! deeper thump.

• JerseyDirt

Posted August 29, 2003 - 05:56 AM

I have the Powercore 4 on my 450 and I just installed the quiet insert. It really lowered the noise level but still has a nice sound. Without the insert it is too loud for use on public land. By the way, FMF customer service sucks. I sent them three seperate emails in the last 2 months and not one has been replied to. When I called them with some questions the kid on the phone was clueless about their products.

JD :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 29, 2003 - 08:59 AM

I have been running the Powerbomb header for years now. It does quieten the bike a bit but not enough to make a significant difference. There are only two problems I have ever had with it and one of them was recently resolved with the aftermarket guard that is out now. the other was that I started running Ty-Davis Signature tanks and I feel that the header is just dangerously close to the right side petcock. It does add a couple of horses and tools up the mid-range a bit. It does however require rejetting from stock to get the maximum benefit.

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.