Oregon

Kingsley Reservoir Hood River Camping

5 replies to this topic
  • jesse wardlow

Posted June 15, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Any one camp here? I ride up there a few times a year but have never been to this part of the trails. Any one tell me about it? Is it a good place to take the family? We normally do a few trips to Mcubbins Gulch every summer, looking to spread our wings and camp at different places this summer and ride our bikes and quads.

Thanks.

• trailwhale

Posted June 16, 2011 - 01:31 PM

X2 on camping info for this area. Been meaning to get down here and check it out. 30' FW toyhauler not afraid of dirt/gravel roads....

• Ride

Posted June 16, 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hey Jessie, i have not camped there but ridden through many times. Seems like it would be a good place to camp. Lots of quads near the lake but a mile from it nothing (typical) so should be good. Real nice area. Lots of areas to camp, seems pretty well organized. Should be pretty EZ to drive any rig / camper to. I's say go for it. :ride:

Looks like this and lots of spaces...

Posted Image

• CascadeTrails

Posted June 16, 2011 - 02:40 PM

There is a camping fee. Call HR County Forestry Dept for more info: 541 387 6888.

• jesse wardlow

Posted June 16, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hey Jessie, i have not camped there but ridden through many times. Seems like it would be a good place to camp. Lots of quads near the lake but a mile from it nothing (typical) so should be good. Real nice area. Lots of areas to camp, seems pretty well organized. Should be pretty EZ to drive any rig / camper to. I's say go for it. :ride:

Looks like this and lots of spaces...

Posted Image

Thanks Kelly, i was expecting it to look like that, we always stay away from this end of the trails.

• 98rm250_90cr500

Posted June 18, 2011 - 04:53 PM

its a pretty good campground and alot of good trails near by, It can get pretty crowded and the back of the campground gets filled with drunken quad tards! I usualy take a few in our group and take up a few good spots just aboute were kellys picture was taken.
its nice , good swimming and alot of fun for the kids. get a little windy sometimes to stake your tents down, or chase them wichever you perfer.

Related Content

Where 2 Ride

Spinreel

9189-9299 Wildwood Drive, Siuslaw National Forest, North Bend, OR 97459, USA

Forums
Photo
Oregon

NW Oregon (Astoria, clatsop county) by izzo

ATV/UTV   ATV/UTV Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Oregon

Sunday 8/24 riding? DMill or Trask? by maico760

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Oregon

Diamond Mill OHV Ride 8/4/14 by flyinghigh32

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Oregon

CL ad of the day by portlandcsc

• 18 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.