2012 wr

22 replies to this topic
  • STECKNINE

Posted June 14, 2011 - 09:10 AM

Is there any speculation that Yamaha will come out with a new design this year? It is funny how there are pics for all the 2012 Yamaha's except for the WR:thinking:Just wondering...

• wondermuscle

Posted June 14, 2011 - 09:37 AM

Is there any speculation that Yamaha will come out with a new design this year? It is funny how there are pics for all the 2012 Yamaha's except for the WR:thinking:Just wondering...

This is speculation.... Nothing concrete.

http://www.thumperta...&highlight=2012

• STECKNINE

Posted June 14, 2011 - 03:18 PM

This is speculation.... Nothing concrete.

http://www.thumperta...&highlight=2012

I want that bike really bad! The engine looks like a 450 not a 250 as well???

• YamaLink

Posted June 15, 2011 - 07:42 AM

That would be nice if the photochop came to light. Having said that, Europe's Yamaha site has the 2012 WRF up and it is unchanged from 2011.
http://www.yamaha-mo...x?view=features

• STECKNINE

Posted June 15, 2011 - 01:06 PM

I think they only have the 2011 WR 450 up on that site.:ride:

• off_road_4_me

Posted June 16, 2011 - 10:17 AM

It would not suprise me to see yamaha discontinue the WR/F line altogether.
Its yz counterpart has, as far as Ive seen, always out sold it, and right now the big 5 aren't exactly seeing record sales.
This (clearly) is just speculation and a guess on my part, I am not a high up Yamaha employee :ride:

• wondermuscle

Posted June 16, 2011 - 10:29 AM

It would not suprise me to see yamaha discontinue the WR/F line altogether.
Its yz counterpart has, as far as Ive seen, always out sold it, and right now the big 5 aren't exactly seeing record sales.
This (clearly) is just speculation and a guess on my part, I am not a high up Yamaha employee :lol:

I don't like your speculation.... Why would you say such a mean thing? :lol:

Can you waltz upstairs and ask the honchos what is going on with the fuel injected street legal WR for 2012. :ride:

• off_road_4_me

Posted June 16, 2011 - 10:56 AM

Can you waltz upstairs and ask the honchos what is going on with the fuel injected street legal WR for 2012. :ride:

they said they still believe in cruel and unusal punishment.

• SXP

Posted June 16, 2011 - 11:41 AM

Fuel injected yes :lol:, street legal no:bonk:

• wondermuscle

Posted June 16, 2011 - 01:35 PM

Fuel injected yes :ride:, street legal no:bonk:

I'm not holding my breath.... My money is on BNG and black rims.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted June 16, 2011 - 04:09 PM

Fuel injected yes :ride:, street legal no:bonk:

Guranteed!

• off_road_4_me

Posted June 16, 2011 - 04:13 PM

Guranteed!

or my money back?

• SXP

Posted June 16, 2011 - 04:16 PM

or my money back?

That's a promise!

• Sycamore

Posted June 17, 2011 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, economy is tuff, investment in a new wr isnt likely IMO. And do they sell that many WR's anyway? They should since by all/most accounts are pretty rock solid.

The FI models in the yz version are heavier so I'm not sure I want to add to an already heavy bike on the WR.

I like the bike..I do wish it had a 6th gear though..they can keep FI.

• SXP

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:08 PM

Yeah, economy is tuff, investment in a new wr isnt likely IMO. And do they sell that many WR's anyway? They should since by all/most accounts are pretty rock solid.

The FI models in the yz version are heavier so I'm not sure I want to add to an already heavy bike on the WR.

I like the bike..I do wish it had a 6th gear though..they can keep FI.

Unfortunately (for you) yes on FI, but no sixth gear on the 2012 - will still be a five speed.:ride:

• Sycamore

Posted June 21, 2011 - 08:00 PM

Looks like the WR got the full monty. Backwards engine, FI, the works. the bike looks beautiful!!

edit:

http://www.offroadchampions.com/

it may be an artist rendition of the "expected" wr

• off_road_4_me

Posted June 21, 2011 - 08:54 PM

that picture has been floating around since the 10 yz450f came out, it is nothing new

• SXP

Posted June 21, 2011 - 10:45 PM

Looks like the WR got the full monty. Backwards engine, FI, the works. the bike looks beautiful!!

edit:

http://www.offroadchampions.com/

it may be an artist rendition of the "expected" wr

Fake. See my previous posts in this thread.

• yz-dwg

Posted June 23, 2011 - 02:21 PM

I'd like to see a 250 or 300 WR 2 stroke, if KTM can sell them why not yami?

• WR450FGreg

Posted June 24, 2011 - 03:08 AM

The WR450F has been Australia's top selling motorcycle for quite a few years as far as I know!
(Apart from a special 110cc Honda that is sold exclusively to "Australia Post", there's a million of them, but they don't count)

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.