Graphices question ?

2 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted May 25, 2001 - 01:44 PM

Is there a way to apply graphics to the tank so they don't bubble ?

Thanks

Dennis '99 YZ400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SUnruh

Posted May 25, 2001 - 01:59 PM

sure.

just put them on a steel tank! :)

the plastic allows the gas to come through and bubble the graphics. nobody has yet come up with a cure for this on a plastic tank.

• finglan

Posted May 25, 2001 - 03:11 PM

I always keep my tank full, this keeps the vapors down. The vapors are what seep through the plastic. During winter storage I empty the tank, take the cap off and rubberband paper towel over the hole. This keeps debris out and lets any vapors left vent out. I still get some small bubbles near the edges. I think this is from water getting under the graphics while washing. I rub them out w/my thumb once a week. I also take a hobby knife and cut any flaps under the seat that peel up that won't seal back down. If left hanging it will continue to peel.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.