Prescription Goggle Question

10 replies to this topic

Posted April 15, 2001 - 04:40 PM

Hi all, i thinking of getting a pair of prescription goggles. I have been fitting my goggles over my glasses but it almost never seems to fit just right. Plus, I wind up bending them all out of shape just trying to put them on with my helmet on. Sometimes I just don't bother with the goggles but I really don't like doing that. Does any one else have this problem? And, is anyone using prescription goggles? I'd like to get your input before spending more money on an unknown. Thanks in advance, Paul

• Marty

Posted April 15, 2001 - 08:17 PM

I hear ya, I have the same problem, Im also thinking about getting Rx goggles, I also play paintball and I have some for that, to bad those goggles do not fit with my helmet or i would use them, but it was some of the best money I ever spent, and im going to do it again very soon.

Posted April 15, 2001 - 08:25 PM

Marty, I got a very nice and informative email response about this. I will forward it on to you. There just may be hope for us blind folks yet! :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 15, 2001 - 08:37 PM

I used a set of the ProVue prescription goggles for a while - they work pretty good except in really dusty conditions. There are two more surfaces to get dust on - the ProVue's use a 'carrier' lens with the prescription inside the standard goggle lens. I wear contacts now & won't go back to the glasses. The next step will be lasik - just ask NH Kevin about his results.

• Marty

Posted April 15, 2001 - 08:37 PM

Interesting, right now im using the Scott goggles, Ill have to look into the Oakleys, or try to retrofir my Rx insert into my scotts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 15, 2001 - 08:40 PM

You may want to look into Skiing (snow) goggles. I know Bolle' makes a great set of RX stuff. When I used to wear glasses (lasik, no glasses now) I found that Ski goggles were more receptive to glasses as well.

Once again, just my .02 cents. :)

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 16, 2001 - 07:04 AM

The ProVue's carrier lens screws to the stock goggle lens with two plastic screws - one screw at each end of the lens. Kinda like a tear-off post except on the lens itself.

• YZ400Court

Posted April 16, 2001 - 05:08 PM

• YZ400Court

Posted April 16, 2001 - 05:18 PM

check out these goggles avalible with RX lens. Middle of page marked with a little eyeglass icon.

• Steve_Morgan

Posted April 17, 2001 - 12:38 PM

I've been using the Oakley "L-Frame" goggles, which are expanded for eyeglass use. My RX glasses are fairly small, so there's no interference at all. There are still 4 surfaces to clean the dust off of though...

• Damian

Posted April 19, 2001 - 10:50 PM

I fitted a perscription windscreen to my car........scares the sh*t out of people in oncomming cars....two big eyeballs..nuk nuk nuk.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.