Bolt on more electric power?

2 replies to this topic
  • ArcticWR400

Posted June 12, 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hey all, been a while since I was in here, but have been trying to upgrade my lighting (still) now thats its riding season it's in the forefront of my mind again.

Does anyone know if a 2001 WR426 stator will fit into a '99 400? It LOOKS like a straight bolt-on match... so maybe the easiest way to get what I need (more power to the headlight even at idle).

Rumour has it the 400 stator output is peaked at 55 watts, and the 426 is more than double that? Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Love the site's new old look.

Edited by ArcticWR400, June 12, 2011 - 10:35 PM.
clarification

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 13, 2011 - 06:08 AM

I did that very swap back in 2001 or 2002, and yes it is a direct swap. no muss, no fuss! Your 400 flywheel is the same so all you need is the stator. Plus it does put out more power than the 400 stator.:ride:
Jim

• ArcticWR400

Posted June 13, 2011 - 07:22 AM

Thanks very much jim, I will be purchasing the stator from my local Gouger... er... dealer... shortly. glad to hear it works! :ride: :lol: :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.