Need sound compliant exhaust of CA (96db) '01 WR

11 replies to this topic
  • ChrisG

Posted August 27, 2003 - 12:40 PM

I crushed my head pipe this past weekend, so I am taking this opportunity to look into a complete system that will deliver performance and meet CA's 96 db sound limit. Have any of you had luck obtaining the 96dbs on a WR without giving up performance? I have all of the free mods and am currently running a WB ProMeg exhaust, with a smashed stock head pipe. Thanks.

• ogrebelle

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:27 PM

I run the FMF "Q" (previous version) with the stock header and love it. It runs great and is pretty quiet. I've not sound tested it so can't give you input on that only that the performance is great. The new version of the "Q" was designed specifically to meet the 96db threshhold, but I'm not sure how it performs compared to my version. Who knows...maybe mine will pass too and the new version was just a clever marketing gimmick. :)
Doug

• ChrisG

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:29 PM

FMF using a marketing gimmick? What do you think the chances of that are? I bet the "new" Q is probably the same as your Q. Thanks for the input.

• cnacc

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:40 PM

Crd absolute power II 96 DB Tested by park service when new.
now 6 months later, not repacked 97.5. nice mellow sound and great low and mid power with a little loss on top. :)

• tp3dxf

Posted September 05, 2003 - 05:36 PM

Big Gun Quiet system. Get the head pipe as well. It's a killer system. Ceramic coated stepped head pipe excellent fit and finish. I love mine.

• tom_dappert

Posted September 05, 2003 - 10:56 PM

Dr. D. He also makes an end cap for that which is CA compliant if I'm not mistaken.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted September 06, 2003 - 06:24 AM

I have the new version FMF Q and ran it last weekend for the 1st time. I was on the MX track and the thing worked great. I was very impressed with the power compared to my VOR tip.

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 06, 2003 - 07:45 AM

I don't know if they make a full system ,but i hve the Pro Circuit 496 exhaust.It had more power than my stock insert w/baja design insert. It tests at 96db and was 4lbs lighter than stock. :)

• Mike_Hudson

Posted September 07, 2003 - 07:09 PM

How does the 496 compare with an uncorked stock pipe power wise?
Thanks,
Mike

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 08, 2003 - 08:40 AM

Mike

I haven't ridden an uncorked pipe in awhile but the 496 has more power than my wr pipe w/baja insert and at least the same as uncorked.But instead of being 107dbs it's 96dbs and a few pounds lighter. :)

• SFO

Posted September 08, 2003 - 03:19 PM

Crd absolute power II 96 DB Tested by park service when new.
now 6 months later, not repacked 97.5. nice mellow sound and great low and mid power with a little loss on top. :)

I have an absolute power as well.
96db new, at stoney via ranger Matt.
Reasonable power for a quiet pipe.

• holeshot426

Posted September 08, 2003 - 03:50 PM

Do you mean ranger Alf?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.