Help **Yz450f** Buying TMR!

4 replies to this topic
  • brettmac

Posted June 11, 2011 - 12:59 PM

Eh guys. Im going to buy a 2009 yz450f tomorrow. I took it for a test drive yesterday and loved it, BIG difference between my old 250X. When i was driving it I stopped, put it in neutral and let the clutch out. It sounded like there was a little, maybe sounded like the cam chain. What does a loose cam chain sound like? It ran fine and started ok, but it was just this little noise coming from the top end that turned me off. It wasnt a ticking, rattling, or scraping sound :ride: I just want to hear what you guys have to say about this, I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks guys.

• YZPaGuy

Posted June 11, 2011 - 01:04 PM

You sure it was from the top end? They all make a sort of rattling sound when they sit and idle. Its there with the clutch in too just not near as loud. When you let the clutch out it sounds really bad. Sounds worse on the clutch side and the sound should be coming from that area. I have an 08 and every other one I heard makes the same sound.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted June 11, 2011 - 01:14 PM

completely normal.. yz's are some of the most reliable motors but are pretty loud.. my built 07 sounds like a ticking time bomb when i go around the track.

• YZPaGuy

Posted June 11, 2011 - 01:16 PM

If it sounds like this it is perfectly normal.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=988771

Listen to the youtube video.

• Yamiryder

Posted June 11, 2011 - 05:10 PM

They make a different sound when they are in neutral. It is completely normal.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.