Air Screen Removal Kit

10 replies to this topic
  • WRSTEVE

Posted August 27, 2003 - 08:24 AM

Does anyone here have this kit? Who makes it and where can I get it?

• WRSTEVE

Posted August 27, 2003 - 11:43 AM

Does anyone know what i'm talking about?
Taking the screen out of the air filter base to allow more air into the carb & the kit comes with a non-flammable air filter.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 27, 2003 - 12:11 PM

apparently not steve

However I know what I am talking about and I will ask

What are you talking about :D

Serious

I dont know anything about a removal kit but the topic is heated topic. I would not recommend removing the screen it is a reverse osmosis spark arrester. :)
Hope to see ya monday

• dominator426

Posted August 27, 2003 - 12:36 PM

I cut the screen off with a knife and also trimed off the sharp edges to enhance air flow. It did make a big difference and I never had any problems in 7500 Kms (4600 miles). It never backfires as it's well jetted and I use a UNI air filter with Maxima FFT synthetic filter oil...

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 27, 2003 - 12:55 PM

steve
Are you talking about the twin air filter and cage?If so heckler just got one and if we ride this weekend i'll have him post here how he likes it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRSTEVE

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:22 PM

Blue,
If that cage has no screen on it, thats what i'm talking about. Before I headed out to Stoney Ford this past weekend, I was talking to my neighbor who used to race super and outdoor MX's. He is the 1 who told me about this kit. Just didnt catch the name of it.

• WRSTEVE

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:31 PM

I have just found it thanks to the Blue one :)

It is the Twin Filter PowerFlow Kit

the link http://shop.twinairu...a02348fa2bb279a

• Burnrider

Posted August 27, 2003 - 02:00 PM

I cut the screen off with a knife and also trimed off the sharp edges to enhance air flow. It did make a big difference and I never had any problems in 7500 Kms (4600 miles). It never backfires as it's well jetted and I use a UNI air filter with Maxima FFT synthetic filter oil...

Steve, after you cut it out use some sandpaper to smooth the edges. They can be sharp when you need to wipe out the airbox for routine maintenance.

• gsxrguy

Posted August 27, 2003 - 04:41 PM

Ya but it won't fit a wr450.

• B86_Racer

Posted August 27, 2003 - 05:42 PM

CONSIDER READING THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU GO ORDER THE KIT!!!
http://www.thumperta...true#Post653226 :)

• mmbasa

Posted August 28, 2003 - 07:16 AM

I think it made by Twin Air. The inside of the filter is made of flame retardent foam. So in case of backfire you don't catch fire. I believe Motocross action had a write up in Their April 2003 issue. They gave it the :). I personallly don't know anyone who has used it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.