O.T. Somebody from Massachusetts?

5 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted August 26, 2003 - 01:24 PM

Hi guys.

I might move to Worcester in the next few months and would like to talk to one of you by PM about how life's going out there. I need some details about taxes, house prices, this kind of stuff.

Thank you

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 26, 2003 - 02:18 PM

http://www.telegram....s.dll/frontpage

You do realize how these New Englanders pronounce Worcester?

They pronounce it:

Wou (like would w/o the d ) - stah

These people drop the r's in words BUT ad them in others.

For example: area (Pronounced air - ya)

here it is pronounced: air - yer...!!!

• Math

Posted August 26, 2003 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I heard about that pronounciation thing. Hope they are ready for some pronounciation à la french Canadian. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ToSlow2Care

Posted August 26, 2003 - 05:41 PM

don't for get the other words we use. like potato
po-tay-ter and the famous fraze "pahk the cah in the hahvahd yahd" and Wickid pissah!! LOL ther really are only a few people who speak like that. the rest of us just do it for fun when we know there are poelpe from out of town around. :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add that I am from Massachusetts. :)

• ill_caper

Posted August 27, 2003 - 12:09 AM

Mass is great!! :)

• Dave_Thump

Posted August 27, 2003 - 04:35 AM

I have lived in Woostah all my life. I s/b able to answer any questions. Let me know.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.