Need to I.D. Forks / Caliper

No replies to this topic
  • YamRZ350

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:25 AM

Whats the best way to figure out what parts have been installed on my new to me 05 WR 450?

I found (stock, un-molested) base valves that don't have the spring loaded valve assembly, and now I went to replace the front pads with stock Yamaha parts for my model year and they're too large to fit the caliper.

FWIW, pads from my 2008 WR250R fit with no issues.

I can take some pictures if it would help, but I was hoping there were some "usual" parts swaps that were done between YZ's and WR's back then that someone here would know about.

Forks are 48mm, and 05 WR/YZ guards bolt right on. Caliper is a dual piston Nissin. Brake line routes around the front of the fork leg like the newer models. Right fork has the cast projections for the odometer drive spacer.

Thanks in advance for any help, searching doesn't seem to be working real well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.