You Da' Man.....JD !!!

3 replies to this topic
  • rekless

Posted August 26, 2003 - 11:08 AM

I just wanted to say that last week I finally got the right combo with the JD kit. Not that it took too long....I only tried two set-ups and it's now beutifully dialed. Took it out into the street the other day and had a dang hard time keeping the front tire on the ground. I used to read peoples post's about the kit and honestly I thought they were a little full of $h1T.....I am now a believer!!!! I also cut the grey wire which I have to say I was a little reluctant to do since I only trail ride. I didn't think I would like having my timing like the YZ however it seems to have smoothed (is that a word??? It is now !!!) out my 1/8-1/2 throttle ALOT. By the way the combo that ended up working for me is red needle, #3, 165 MJ. I took it up to the mountains the other day and it ran great. Best since I've owned it. Couldn't believe the torque difference. Thanks James !! Chuck :D :)

• Beta_Man

Posted August 26, 2003 - 11:56 AM

what pilot are you using also what bike is this on and what mods does it have. What elevation and temp are you at, I am going to try and get my wr 450 dialed in this weekend i am close but want to see what else i can get out of it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sjw

Posted August 26, 2003 - 12:09 PM

if it works that good help me do mine!!!

• rekless

Posted August 26, 2003 - 04:48 PM

come over and take mine for a spin in the street and see how it might not be any better than the tuning you have. All I know is that it's better than it's ever been. I would be more than happy to help out....not that I really know what I'm doing, but I'll show you how I established my set-up.

I have the stock pilot, the only things I goofed with were the items included in the kit. Also its a WR 450 with all the free stuff..(grey wire, throttle stop, air box baffle and GYT-R insert. Hope this helps. Chuck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.