YZ426F Rebuild, need some advice and torque specs.

4 replies to this topic
  • Auggie

Posted June 05, 2011 - 12:17 PM

First off yes I already downloaded the yamaha book on line, but I can't seem to find the torque specs on the bearing retainers inside the crank case? I have all the parts and will begin assembly soon, so if you have any suggestions from trial and error please give me a shout. Thanks :ride:

• grayracer513

Posted June 05, 2011 - 01:05 PM

Page 4-88, 7.2 ft/lb. Use Loc-Tite.

Sometimes you don't need to know the torque spec for every little thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Auggie

Posted June 05, 2011 - 03:25 PM

Oh alright thanks!! :ride:

• Auggie

Posted June 08, 2011 - 01:48 PM

I have one more question... There are some very small scratches in the cylinder, what should I do?

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2011 - 02:00 PM

If you are rebuilding, you are re-ringing at least, and perhaps replacing the piston. In that case, you should be honing the cylinder:

http://www.thumperta...759#post4380759

If the scratches don't clear up after 3-4 quick passes with the hone, the cylinder should be considered for replating or replacement.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.