2003 wr450 exhaust question

1 reply to this topic
  • pairodice

Posted June 05, 2011 - 07:39 AM

I have a 03 wr450 w/ power bomb header and the original muffler w/ pmb insert. It runs much better w/out the insert but is way too loud. I ride through residential areas to get to the trails so it needs to be reasonably quiet. Is the fmf q4 worth the extra coin power wise? is is any lighter? Any idea how many db the stock pipe is? Thank you in advance for your endless knowledge

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted June 05, 2011 - 08:32 AM

The stock WR pipe has no packing, so it's a different sound than anything else. Also more annoying than anything else, IMO. I've been running a YZ pipe w/ DRD endcap and quiet insert for a while now. Anything is better than the WR pipe, but most are so expensive. I'd rather spend my money on cams.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.