Anyone noticed the TT search feature has changed?

7 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted August 26, 2003 - 08:50 AM

The search "all forums" option is gone. This will make general, cross-forum searches very time consuming. :)

• mrmoto

Posted August 26, 2003 - 09:04 AM

Dave - I noticed that too. Searches were much easier before this change. Fix the searching and add posting to all the forums at the same time and then we'd have something.

• oldbones

Posted August 26, 2003 - 09:28 AM

Agreed. What if I wanna search for "handguards" or "elbow pads"? Nice to be able to look in all forums for past threads on general topics. Is someone upstairs reading this? Hello, are you in there?

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted August 26, 2003 - 10:30 AM

Roger that. The old way was so much easier.
I asked BB and we'll see what they can do to change it back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted August 26, 2003 - 10:55 AM

You mean to tell me this place has a Search feature :)

:D :D

• Staggalee

Posted August 26, 2003 - 02:13 PM

Is there a way to not include peoples signitures in a search? Most of the time I just get 100 posts from the same guy with a sig. with my search word in it.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted August 26, 2003 - 03:13 PM

Notice how much faster TT runs? This is part because we've limited searching to the forum level. Global searching is VERY resource intensive, so we've temporarely limited it. Now we are on two new rockin'servers as of our last upgrade less than a week ago, so we need to let things stabilize before we turn this back on. Trust me fellas, I understand the limitation with forum level searching, but this is what we had to do to keep site performance at respectable level. When will global searching be back? When we know that we can allow it AND provide good site performance. This is on the list of to-do's. You'll know when this happens when you search and the global opition is back.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted August 26, 2003 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Bryan!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.