YZ450 New piston install on bike?

22 replies to this topic
  • KJK_JR

Posted June 09, 2011 - 06:56 AM


Another name for it is engine assembly lube. Any auto store should have it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2011 - 07:14 AM


The manual says to use "molybdenum disulfide grease" on the threads, I called one of the local parts stores and they had no clue what I was talking about. Is there a name brand or some sort of trade name that I should look for? Can I substitute with something else?

Losers. That's what happens when you hire people to sell car parts who know nothing about them. Ask them for assembly lube or an anti-seize compound that's black, as opposed to copper or silver colored.

  • Slow and Jerky

Posted June 11, 2011 - 04:33 AM


Yeah a little frustrating. But, the good news is that everything is in and running. Now it is time for a little break-in and then I ready for the trails again! Thanks for the help!

Related Content


Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • * * * * *
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies


Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.