YZ450 New piston install on bike?

22 replies to this topic
  • KJK_JR

Posted June 09, 2011 - 06:56 AM

Another name for it is engine assembly lube. Any auto store should have it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2011 - 07:14 AM

The manual says to use "molybdenum disulfide grease" on the threads, I called one of the local parts stores and they had no clue what I was talking about. Is there a name brand or some sort of trade name that I should look for? Can I substitute with something else?

Losers. That's what happens when you hire people to sell car parts who know nothing about them. Ask them for assembly lube or an anti-seize compound that's black, as opposed to copper or silver colored.

• Slow and Jerky

Posted June 11, 2011 - 04:33 AM

Yeah a little frustrating. But, the good news is that everything is in and running. Now it is time for a little break-in and then I ready for the trails again! Thanks for the help!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.