00' rear brake resv. cracked

3 replies to this topic
  • Fordtoughranger

Posted June 02, 2011 - 04:32 PM

I have seen where others have had the same issue, and is most likely caused by heat from the exhaust pipe.

I have found a replacement reservoir from an online site and they replied back stating that a Master cylinder from an 06-08 YZ250/450F should fit and has the reservoir built into the master cylinder.

Has anyone done this or heard of it?

Also has anyone made a simple heat shield to protect the factory one from the excess heat?

Thanks

• Juscruzn

Posted June 02, 2011 - 06:55 PM

Yes the newer setup will bolt on.

I stayed with my '01 setup and used an old Harley pipe heat shield and cut a piece off to fit that still had the clamp on it and so far no problems.

search, there's a lot of info...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sknight

Posted June 02, 2011 - 07:03 PM

Can't speak for fitment but my 04 450F rear master cylinder has the resv. built into the cylinder complete with a window.

• tsorpi

Posted June 02, 2011 - 11:56 PM

the 03-06 rear master brake has internal resv. and its bolt on i have done itn with my 99'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.