starter drive

4 replies to this topic
  • gsxrguy

Posted August 25, 2003 - 05:47 PM

has any body experienced a strange grinding noise as the starter engages and disengages as if the starter clutch is not working properly or knows of a fix. :) :D

• gsxrguy

Posted August 26, 2003 - 03:04 PM

am i the first? to experance this problem?????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsxrguy

Posted August 26, 2003 - 05:19 PM

After taking it apart and cleaning,{black resadue on permanet magnet serface} starter cluch. after starting for the third time noise came back.I then removed idler gear from starter and hit the button and the noise was still there. It sounds like a bad bushing in the starter. I'll update after talking to my dealer.

• thumpawoody

Posted September 01, 2003 - 01:57 AM

had this problem bush was r/s in starter - new starter

• blireef

Posted September 01, 2003 - 11:49 AM

It sure seems like there is a lot less help available on TT lately!!! I know from talking to the dealer that there have been problems with these starters but only 3 people have responded to this post and I know darn well that more than 3 people have had this problem. How about a little feedback guys, we used to get info here and now it's getting to be a BS session. One little guys opinion... :) :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.