2000 WR400 burning/using oil.

1 reply to this topic
  • Fusedbrain

Posted August 25, 2003 - 05:05 PM

Guys,

I bought a WR400 a while back and I love it. However it's burning/using oil. I can't see any smoke coming from the exhaust. I've read that it could be valve stems and seals. I would appreciate any information on this. Is it possible that I need to do a complete top end? Replace the cylinder and head? How can I tell what the problem is?

Thank you for your time.

Fusedbrain. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted August 25, 2003 - 05:29 PM

You need to do a leakdown test to find out where it's going....prob'ly easiest to have a GOOD shop to it, unless you have or are willing to buy the necessary tools, including a compresser.
Rich Baker

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.