2006 WR450F Operator's Manual

5 replies to this topic
  • rpyfz450

Posted June 01, 2011 - 01:02 PM

Looks like Yamaha no longer makes it available on their website. I followed a number of the links on this forum and still haven't found this manual. Any help is appreciated.

• diegox450

Posted June 01, 2011 - 01:04 PM

Uploading it for you

In 15 minutes it will be available

• William1

Posted June 01, 2011 - 02:01 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rpyfz450

Posted June 02, 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thanks I already have the service manual. I'm looking for the Operator's Manual because I'm interested in knowing how to reset the odomoter for enduros in "race mode".

I also don't know where to add engine oil. Whether a certai amount gets put into the frame or not.

• miweber929

Posted June 02, 2011 - 07:41 AM

Service manual for my 04 has both of these in there. Admittedly, the odo is different between 04 and 06 but the info should be in there, just probably buried.

On my 04 you add to the engine only, start the bike, let warm up and circulate oil and check it then at the frame. Don't believe the 06's are different as the motors and frames are largely the same.

• William1

Posted June 02, 2011 - 09:23 AM

The service manual IS the owners manual. You have to read it.

All the oil is added to the engine. Add the specified amount per the manual. The engine will fill the tank the first time you start it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.