01 Wr426f Jetting Help

4 replies to this topic
  • hurricane522

Posted June 01, 2011 - 03:22 AM

Hello everybody, got a nice 01 wr426 that had stock exhaust and jetting. Got a great deal on a full pro circuit system for my bike and wondered if anyone else here has done this and if so what jetting did you change to? Thank you for any advice.

• GCannon

Posted June 01, 2011 - 08:47 AM

You should tune your accelerator pump circut first as this will affect the jetting. BK mod,O-ring mod, Heavy Accelerator spring, The choice is up to you and everyone here has an opinion on how you should do it. Then use the YZ needle from the same year or the JD jet kit if you prefer. You spend more money on the JD kit but they give you instructions and support.

There is a jetting data base at the top of the forum where you could pick and set up for a similar altitude and weather pattern for your location. Depending on what you do to your AP circut will affect the jets you end up with

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted June 02, 2011 - 06:00 AM

I have my information listed in the WR jetting database, and I still ride the 01WR426 in Michigan. I probably ride in similar conditions for elevation and temperature.

I do not have a full exhaust, but just the FMF Q slip-on with stock header. I did have to go up a size on the pilot jet as the bike could flow more air. I also have done all the free mods, including opening up the airbox. I tried both the BK mod and the O-ring mod, and found that the O-ring mod works much, much better.

Make sure you do the free mods to wake up the beast within: Airbox top removal, throttle stop, grey wire, light blue wire, O-ring, ACV disable, chain slider fix, JD jetting. That's all I remember off the top of my head.

• wondermuscle

Posted June 03, 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hello everybody, got a nice 01 wr426 that had stock exhaust and jetting. Got a great deal on a full pro circuit system for my bike and wondered if anyone else here has done this and if so what jetting did you change to? Thank you for any advice.

I had the same bike and setup years ago. I really miss that bike. I had it dialed.... :ride:

Sea Level:
main - 168
pilot - 48
clip pos - middle

3000' and higher:
main - 165
pilot - 45
clip pos - middle

Both setups requre the fuel screw about 1.5-1.75 turns out.

• hurricane522

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:21 AM

Thanks to everyone who replied. Sorry it took me so long to get back on here. Really appreciate the info. this site rocks!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.