Un corking question Please help

3 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted August 25, 2003 - 02:05 PM

Tomorrow I will un cork the pig I can do everthing, jet, intake manifold, air box crap in trash can, and needle, but I have to order a HRC tip for my pipe will it work with just the baffle taken out of the stock pipe, yes I know there is no spark arrestor and would only ride on tracks but I dont want to wait til this weekend to ride?

• TommyA

Posted August 25, 2003 - 04:00 PM

Yes, it will work. Look here:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Big_D

Posted August 25, 2003 - 05:03 PM

If you use a 2" hole saw and folow the instructions on www.XR650R.net (hit the "Making It Run Right" item on the left menu) you can open up the exhaust and still have the spark arestor in place.

Sounds like the new BRP is getting close to being unleashed on Colorado!

• redmanrandyed

Posted August 26, 2003 - 05:54 AM

I bought a hole saw at Home Depot, put the hole saw in the drill and drilled out the plug. The hole saw should just be big enough to cut out the plug so as not to harm the screen. The spark arrestor screen is still attached but the plug is gone. The hole saw ran me about ten bucks compared to 130 bucks for the other tip. Bike runs great! :)

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.