01 yz426f ticking?

4 replies to this topic
  • four2sixxer

Posted May 31, 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hey guys after I rebuilt my top end I noticed I had a ticking noise on the right side of my engine, Ive done my break in and had one good ride on it since and it seems like its a little quieter? Could this be my valve lash? I am currently doing maint. to the bike and I am going to check my valves next, if you guys have any info that would be great! I reused my timing chain as well as it tightened up fine no slack but might replace it if I cant figure out the ticking, idk why it would be on the right side though? Anyways input is always amazing here thanks guys!

• Justinyz250

Posted May 31, 2011 - 06:24 PM

I would check your valves first. I think if it was cam chain it would make a slapping noise on the left side. Hope you find out what it is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • four2sixxer

Posted June 01, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Ya everything i found was a slapping on the left side for the cam chain. I will check them for sure.

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Possibilities on the right side are a loose drive gear nut, a damaged gear (there are 9 of them in there, I believe), beat up clutch cushion, etc.

• four2sixxer

Posted June 01, 2011 - 04:58 PM

it sounds like its up top grey. like my right exhaust valve

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.