first 4 stroker.. please help

12 replies to this topic
  • mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 09:59 AM

so i bought my first 4 stroke bike.. i had a 04 yfz450.. now i didnt get the owners manuel with this bike but i have a 2003 yz450F.. and i need to know how too correctly change the oil in the bike please...... and i also wanted too know.. on ym yfz there was a oil pan on the front of it for oil in the top end and obviously the reg. tranny fll.. i used too fill the tranny with gear oil and the oil pan with 10-30 synthedic.. now.. i have read things about such as a frame plug? and more then 1 oil plug? can someone please clear this up for me i just got the bike a few days ago after takeing a few years off riding and well.... i would like to perform regular maintenence on the bike with no problem.. im used too 2 stroke bikes.. mixing gas and useing gear oil... i think the tranny case oil is the same as the top end oil on this bike if im not mistaken... if i am please clear this up i dont wanna blow my motor after 1 ride.. thank you guys very much

• Dirt-rich

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:00 AM

Did you try to check YouTube for videos usually rocky mountain has videos like that

• mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:11 AM

no i havent... ive herd of this site before.. and i found the frame drain plug i do believe and also the frame fill.... i just wanna know basically where the spots too drain the oil are.. one under the bike i found.. one on the frame.. and how much oil too put into the bike.. in the case.. and in the frame.. and if the frame shit goes into the top end? and the bottom is gear oil? im not shure... does it circulate threw the whole motor? idk? bike doesnt have a dip stick on it.. i know where the filter goes.. ill check now

• mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:13 AM

checked youtube.... nothing

• Hurricane

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:16 AM

Did you look in here?

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=447989

• BlueMagiC

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:19 AM

Sent you a PM with information on the Service Manual.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:53 AM

lol.. well i downloaded and read the service manuel and did what it said... let bike warm up for 3 mins and check the frame oil tank.. i did.. unscrewed.. dipped pulled out.. bike was full.. then i looked down to see oil pissing out of that lol... guess its gonna def. need a oil change now.. or atleast add some... it didnt tell me the case oor frame tanks tho.. s can someone clearify that... how much do i put in the frame... and is it for the top end... and how much do i put in the case.. and can i use gear oil for the case... told me too use 10w-30 but idk if it was for both or what.. please clearify this for me and ill be alll set.. thanks

• Hurricane

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Seriously check this link, it has the oil changing procedure for all years of these bikes. It's one of the first things you'll come across when you scroll down.:smirk:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=447989

• mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 11:00 AM

thanks hurricane

• mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 11:06 AM

can anyone tell me why oil was pissing out of the dip stick?

• BlueMagiC

Posted May 31, 2011 - 12:35 PM

Because whoever you bought it from probably over filled it.

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2011 - 01:18 PM

Because it was overfilled.

There's also a link to a free manual download in Common Threads.

• mustangGT87

Posted May 31, 2011 - 03:30 PM

got the manuel.. thank you guys for all the help and info.. well apprechiated.. went for another ride today.. unfortunitly where i used to ride as a kid is now illegal too ride and i had the cops called on me... it really sucks because its right down the street so i can just ride on down like i used too.. not anymore i guess

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.