** Utah ride, Saturday (30th) before Labor Day **

22 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted August 25, 2003 - 10:32 AM

Can't get enough of this area... we now have mapped out the trails going from Kirkman Hollow all the way over to the 2nd water trail in Spanish Fork Canyon (near Diamond Fork). We're going to ride it again this Saturday the 30th. Everyone's invited. We're expecting around a dozen riders so far... this will be an opportunity to meet some fellow TT members.

Here are the directions and ride details:

Take the UT-77 exit, exit number 263 off I-15 towards MAPLETON/SPRINGVILLE. Go left off the interstate exit. Follow this road all the way to an unusual 3 way intersection. Turn right. You should be on Hobble Creek Drive. When you get to the mouth of the canyon, be sure to take the south fork (turn right). Here's the link to the map...
http://www.dsidata.net/hobblecreek.bmp

We will be about 8-10 miles up the canyon on the right side of the road. I'm driving a white dodge with a KTM in the back.

Should be a great ride, guessing around 50-60 miles. We'll be meeting around 7:15am, ride starts at 7:45am (anyone after 7:45am will get left behind). See ya there.

• live_to_ride

Posted August 25, 2003 - 05:37 PM

I might want to go... Maybe..... :)

• mrmoto

Posted August 25, 2003 - 06:05 PM

Chris - this would probably be a very good ride to carry some extra gas... I'm going to take an extra couple quarts just in case. We'll likely go 60-70+ miles. This time instead of riding all over looking for the trails, we'll get into the 2nd water loop and ride the whole thing.
- Eric

• live_to_ride

Posted August 25, 2003 - 08:51 PM

10-4

• mrmoto

Posted August 27, 2003 - 07:14 AM

So far we have 7 confirmed riders (3 DRZs, 1 YZ, 1 KTM, 2 WRs) and a couple more possibles. Must not be any CRFs in Utah :).

You're all welcome. Come if you can.

• ddialogue

Posted August 27, 2003 - 08:01 AM

So far we have 7 confirmed riders (3 DRZs, 1 YZ, 1 KTM, 2 WRs) and a couple more possibles. Must not be any CRFs in Utah :).

You're all welcome. Come if you can.

My bro-in-law will be coming and we both ride WR's. :D With Chris, that evens up the number of blue bikes with the yellow bikes... :D

• pedman

Posted August 27, 2003 - 09:58 AM

Too bad for the one KTM :) He must feel all by himself sometimes :D Hey Eric, what time do you think we may be done? I am trying to pull a miracle.

• ddialogue

Posted August 27, 2003 - 10:23 AM

I've got to be back in Midvale by 4pm. We should be done by 1pm or 2pm.

• mrmoto

Posted August 27, 2003 - 10:24 AM

The ride I have planned will go around 65-70 miles. I'd guess we'll finish around 2:30pm... BUT... Steve is planning to leave early. Probably around noon. If you need to leave early, the two of you could bail out and ride back together.

• pedman

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:37 PM

Sorry Guys, I played my last trump card and lost. I have to be at Strawberry for a family rebellion.

Have FUN :D :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrmoto

Posted August 27, 2003 - 01:41 PM

Bill - I'm thinking about a late afternoon ride next week on Friday or Saturday up AF canyon. Interested?
- Eric

• mrmoto

Posted August 28, 2003 - 06:34 AM

Last call... chime in if you'd like to join us. It'll be a great ride.

• live_to_ride

Posted August 28, 2003 - 07:32 AM

Sorry Guys, I played my last trump card and lost. I have to be at Strawberry for a family rebellion.

Have FUN :) :D :D

hey Bill- let me know if you want to go riding on monday.

• pedman

Posted August 28, 2003 - 07:52 AM

:cry:I think my rides are very limited now. Next friday I am in San Jose and all my Saturdays are commited for Sept and Oct (Hunting Season :))

My next scheduled ride is the first Friday in November to Moab. :D

I am going to try to take the bike up to Boise on one of my work trips, but I am not sure when yet.

Thanks for the thought though.

• ddialogue

Posted August 28, 2003 - 09:46 AM

I am going to try to take the bike up to Boise on one of my work trips, but I am not sure when yet.

Now that's what I'M talkin' about!! :D :)

• ogrebelle

Posted August 28, 2003 - 11:16 AM

I'm planning on being there. But then again, you know me. :) See you there (hopefully).
Doug

• ogrebelle

Posted August 28, 2003 - 11:19 AM

pedman,
What...did I hear someone mention hunting season? What do you hunt? Are you an Uplander? We may need to discuss this further. :) Let me know.
Doug

• live_to_ride

Posted August 29, 2003 - 06:29 PM

Ok it looks like this ride could be really cool. It just stopped raining outside my house. It may be a little slick again, but it won't be dusty! :)

• pedman

Posted August 29, 2003 - 06:48 PM

Well the last week of Sept. its Buffalo, Then Elk in Oct, and Deer, then mixed in we do the grouse hunting.

Looking forward to it big time this year. :D :)

• ddialogue

Posted August 29, 2003 - 07:34 PM

Just rolled into Salt Lake about 15 minutes ago. I must say the rain is bringing a HUGE :D :D :D (GRIN) to my face! I am so looking forward to tomorrow...see you all then! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.