any info on 2012s?

44 replies to this topic
  • hemroid620

Posted May 30, 2011 - 01:47 PM

hey guys I just got a new job with good enough pay to get me a fresh new bike. Been a Yamaha guy forever but have had an RM250 for a while thats been good to me so I have come to the conclusion I'm wanting to buy a new 450 either YZF or RMZ haven't seen a 2011 RMZ in person arent any at the dealers around here, but even reading stuff about the bikes I keep goin back to the YZ. Just wondering if there is any into on the 2012's as to any changes? I'm planning on getting the white bike, I like the blue one better but love those black wheels and a plastics kit is cheaper than rims. also about when does yamaha release thier new models, I would like to go ahead and get one this summer but if the 2012 have any significant changes and come out sept or oct I'd hold out for one. in the mean time I'll be at the local dealer drooling over the 2011 they have out there:smirk:

• almostinvincible119

Posted May 30, 2011 - 04:38 PM

With the economy, the recent Japanese earthquake and Motocross' economic stability in itself, I can almost promise that the changes will be just as small as the 11 vs the 2010 model.

• Steel Panther

Posted May 30, 2011 - 10:56 PM

the only 2012 I have seen anything on is the kawi, and it looks pretty badass. They added adjustable footbeg mounts as well as a top clamp mounts. I really hope this adjustability thing catches on, I hate bikes that are designed for a specific sized person.

• YamahaDoc

Posted May 30, 2011 - 11:08 PM

the only 2012 I have seen anything on is the kawi, and it looks pretty badass. They added adjustable footbeg mounts as well as a top clamp mounts. I really hope this adjustability thing catches on, I hate bikes that are designed for a specific sized person.

Not to mention launch control :smirk:

Its a button that smooths out the power curve to prevent looping it off the start. So sweet. :smirk:

Love the idea of adjustability from the factory!

• brentn

Posted May 31, 2011 - 03:16 PM

Not to mention launch control :smirk:

Its a button that smooths out the power curve to prevent looping it off the start. So sweet. :smirk:

Love the idea of adjustability from the factory!

can you explain more on this????

• Steel Panther

Posted May 31, 2011 - 03:52 PM

can you explain more on this????

its just a switch on the handle bars that switches to a very smooth power curve, it switches back once you get to 3rd gear or something.

• YamahaDoc

Posted May 31, 2011 - 11:33 PM

its just a switch on the handle bars that switches to a very smooth power curve, it switches back once you get to 3rd gear or something.

Beat me too it! Pretty Rad I think. Ive never wanted a Kawi but this gets realllll close.

• YamaLink

Posted June 01, 2011 - 05:46 AM

My local dealer told me 2012 won't see much diff on the Yamaha 450 which should appear late August or early September.

• SEOINAGE

Posted June 01, 2011 - 07:03 AM

I also doubt there will be much any changes on the 2012, you will be fine with either a 2010 or 11, personally I would base my decision on price as they are so similar and guessing 2012 will be the same, plus you will miss the summer.

• yz450fcranker

Posted June 01, 2011 - 11:33 PM

the wr450fs will be fuel injected

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojase316

Posted June 02, 2011 - 03:36 AM

My local dealer told me 2012 won't see much diff on the Yamaha 450 which should appear late August or early September.

Thats about what I am hearing too.

• grayracer513

Posted June 02, 2011 - 07:11 AM

the wr450fs will be fuel injected

Cite your source.

• hemroid620

Posted June 02, 2011 - 08:58 AM

I'll probably just go ahead and go for a 11, maybe try to talk them down to get the 11's out and make room for the 12's wasnt really worried about getting it in a hurry, other than just wanting one more and more the more I look at that thing. But this morning at the track my RM started sounding kinda weird so I think its time to give it a rebuild, so I would like to get the 450 pretty soon so I still have a track bik in the mean time but I should have the money to throw a piston in it pretty quick if I dont have a 450 ( I would rather just wait and completely tear the RM down and do a refresh this winter),but I dont know if I should do this 3.99% interest thing with $500 customer cash before the end of june or wait and see if the next promo event is better. I guess its a shot in the dark

• Scrubba

Posted June 02, 2011 - 01:18 PM

since we are anticipating no changes on the 2012, lets say what we'd like to see changed in order to blow the competition. (lets not get carried away, we still goota stay within production costs)

it already has the best design so lets go one step further.

1) new lighter frame
2)weight reduction overall 10 lbs.
3)better power
4)i think the air filter system is good enough with no changes.

• grayracer513

Posted June 02, 2011 - 01:28 PM

1) What makes you say the frame is too heavy?

3) Better how? It's a dial-a-rocket right now, and if you don't like how it is when you get it, you can just make it different.

• Scrubba

Posted June 02, 2011 - 10:34 PM

1) What makes you say the frame is too heavy?

3) Better how? It's a dial-a-rocket right now, and if you don't like how it is when you get it, you can just make it different.

1)dont u think the honda frame is lighter?
3) i did make it diffrent with a Yosh pipe, and it still not as strong as my old 08 CRF 450.

• grayracer513

Posted June 03, 2011 - 07:18 AM

Is the frame lighter? And, more to the point, is that good?

The 2010 YZ shows nearly 2hp over the '08 CRF on a dyno, so what you're talking about is the way the power is delivered through the curve. It's why people still think the '03 was stronger even though it had 48hp at best vs. 51-52 for the new bike. If you like more grunt, get a tuner and crank some more into it.

• yz450fcranker

Posted June 05, 2011 - 09:52 AM

http://www.cycleworl...bikes_spy_shots

• grayracer513

Posted June 05, 2011 - 11:10 AM

http://www.cycleworl...bikes_spy_shots

Yeah, that's what I thought.

[ Fact or fiction? Yamaha says “photochop” but it is a convincing job. Only time will tell if the 2012 WRs will have any YZ450F-inspired features like the reverse cylinder head and rearward-slanted engine. ]

That's a long way from "will be fuel injected".

For it to be true, the YZ250F line would have to have undergone a major redesign, and while it's certainly due for it, I don't know if you'll see that kind of money spent in the current economy.

• yz450fcranker

Posted June 06, 2011 - 04:51 AM

maybe the wr250f will get the the fuel injection off of a wr250x and the wr450f will get there eventually like the yfz450f quad. carburetors are getting pushed out you know

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.