2008 wr450 flywheel machining-can it be done?

4 replies to this topic
  • ILOAD2

Posted May 27, 2011 - 02:04 PM

Which location of the flywheel would I remove material from and how much?

• William1

Posted May 27, 2011 - 04:51 PM

Not adviseable. Better to get a flywheel made light instead. Why do you want to light the flywheel of a woods bike?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ILOAD2

Posted May 27, 2011 - 06:40 PM

Not adviseable. Better to get a flywheel made light instead. Why do you want to light the flywheel of a woods bike?

Don't be mad at me-:smirk:

Posted Image

• William1

Posted May 28, 2011 - 02:55 AM

Why a WR then? YZ is a much better SM race bike. Flywheel is already lighter and GYTR offeres lighter ones.

• ILOAD2

Posted May 28, 2011 - 08:34 AM

Why a WR then? YZ is a much better SM race bike. Flywheel is already lighter and GYTR offeres lighter ones.

Well...I though the WR would be a better choice with the longer ratio gear box.
The WR is all I could get street legalized out here in California..If I would have bought a YZ I would have only been able to ride on tracks-I can ride my WR around the mountain roads behind my house and practice in between race weekends.

I am not doing Supermoto Stuff on it right now.
Roadracing in the AFM series with it- afmracing.org.Formula Singles and 250 Superbike.

I removed material off my little ttr125 flywheel back in '05 and I noticed a couple of company's offer +/- 6 Oz for the WR..Everything is 149.00$.Just though someone might have done a little modifying on an OEM piece and had some directions on which part of the wheel they shaved from..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.