OT..... cargo trailer floor covering

12 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted August 24, 2003 - 04:00 PM

What do you guys use on the floor of your cargo trailer ?
ive just got paint on mine and am looking to upgrade to something a little fancier. does indoor-outdoor carpet hold up very well ?

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted August 24, 2003 - 04:14 PM

I've seen some with Herculiner rolled on the trailer floor.It looked pretty good.

Herculiner

• E.Marquez

Posted August 24, 2003 - 04:40 PM

One of mine is a wood deck,, well both car trailer and cargo trailer are,,,,anyway,, Wood on mine,, it insulates some what, and I can nail or screw blocking down to the floor if needed. Mostly non slip, unless real muddy and can be replaced cheaply when worn.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted August 24, 2003 - 05:42 PM

mine currently just the stock wood.but im considering diamond plate.

• gcvt

Posted August 24, 2003 - 07:09 PM

...but im considering diamond plate.

That's what I was thinkin' - looks cool and lasts forever! :)

• Sport

Posted August 24, 2003 - 08:57 PM

I put black and white stick-on tiles from Home depot over the wood floor in mine. Looked great and easy to clean, but the're all pealing up. Maybe need some better floor prep....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pschiess

Posted August 24, 2003 - 09:20 PM

I priced diamond plate and after I recovered from the sticker shock left it stock painted wood.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted August 24, 2003 - 09:48 PM

I priced diamond plate and after I recovered from the sticker shock left it stock painted wood.

yes,thats the issue with me too.but it will never need to be replaced.

• Greybeard

Posted August 24, 2003 - 11:58 PM

:D Try some good-quality linoleum. I put some down in my friends cargo/bike trailer a few years ago, and it still looks great! I plan on using some in my new trailer too! :)

• E.Marquez

Posted August 25, 2003 - 06:44 AM

Don’t mean to high jack this thread,, but... ahhh..

I'm getting ready to build a new trailer, and could use some input from the peanut gallery. I'll be building an open, three rail trailer, with small cargo box in front. This is going to be a light weight, minimal design for pulling behind smaller cars or my bronco. Looking for over all lengths, position of axle under the frame, length of frame forward of the "cargo" area to the hitch coupler. If you have a smaller trailer that pulls well, is balanced right with 1~3 bikes loaded, I would really appreciate a few minutes of your time with a tape measure.

Thanks

• tom slick

Posted August 25, 2003 - 08:12 AM

spray in bedliner like rhino liner or line-x would be perfect. it's non-slip and tough. at work we have a stage floor and all of our speakers covered in it it never gets worn.

• 1sthumper

Posted August 25, 2003 - 10:34 AM

Check out Race Deck, it's plastic stuff that snaps together in one foot plastic squares. I used to pit next to the guy that manufactures it. It's got the same texture as diamond plate. He, and a couple of other guys had it in their trailers and they swore by it. I already had linoleum in mine which works great also. http://www.racedeck.com

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted August 26, 2003 - 12:48 AM

spray in bedliner like rhino liner or line-x would be perfect. it's non-slip and tough. at work we have a stage floor and all of our speakers covered in it it never gets worn.

Thats is some tough stuff! The Herculiner I mentioned above is a "do it yourself" liner,but the Line-X and Rhino are even better.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Need help diagnosing rough idle problem by richdiggins

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 18 replies
Forums
Photo

Wheelie discussion by Chubs604

• Hot  136 replies
Forums
Photo

DRZ400SM fork springs? by Ladyeclectic

• 22 replies
Wiki
Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension - last post by bmwpowere36m3

Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DRZ 400 lower footpegs at last by vinco

• 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.