2010 Pro Circuit cams

7 replies to this topic
  • RiverReaper

Posted May 25, 2011 - 10:57 AM

I've been thinking about some pro circuit cams in my 2010 YZ450F and the pictures i've seen don't have a decompression device on them that I can see. Do they have one? I can't imagine they don't but i'm just making sure.

• motojase316

Posted May 25, 2011 - 03:32 PM

I've been thinking about some pro circuit cams in my 2010 YZ450F and the pictures i've seen don't have a decompression device on them that I can see. Do they have one? I can't imagine they don't but i'm just making sure.

Yeah, You are right, there is no De-comp device included. I just bought A set of Pro Circuit Cams and built a 2010 engine.
What you need to do is switch the device from your stock cams in to the PC Cams, It is not very difficult, The drillings etc are there for it.

• RiverReaper

Posted May 25, 2011 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, You are right, there is no De-comp device included. I just bought A set of Pro Circuit Cams and built a 2010 engine.
What you need to do is switch the device from your stock cams in to the PC Cams, It is not very difficult, The drillings etc are there for it.

Thanks, sounds simple enough. How did the engine turn out, I'm also looking for some suggestions to build an all out dune terror bike.

• motojase316

Posted May 25, 2011 - 09:38 PM

I purchased a new pro circuit fully ported Bare cylinder head, Pro circuit Cams and piston and coupled it up to a T4-R exhaust system. That there would make good for your Dune monster.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RiverReaper

Posted May 25, 2011 - 09:58 PM

Thats about the exact engine I want to do.

• Ron Hamp

Posted May 26, 2011 - 05:05 AM

most of the cams being produced are for mx if your building a dune bike you want something different our super cross package is smooth and makes better power than most of the factory bikes .it sounds like you want somthing closer to what we offer for dirt track.

• RiverReaper

Posted May 26, 2011 - 08:12 AM

most of the cams being produced are for mx if your building a dune bike you want something different our super cross package is smooth and makes better power than most of the factory bikes .it sounds like you want somthing closer to what we offer for dirt track.

In the sand I tend to run on the top end of the rpm range. You don't really lug in the sand if you're riding hard. What would you suggest?

• motojase316

Posted May 26, 2011 - 02:36 PM

That sounds like a good package, definitely need all you can get for that power robbing sand.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.