Cooling fans and amp draw on WR450F

62 replies to this topic
  • Troy35

Posted February 25, 2013 - 01:12 AM

The Spal 4" fans will not fit behind the radiators with a Clark 3.6 gal tank installed. If you managed to wedge them between the two then you would have the fans rubbing against the tank and no airflow. With the stock tank they might fit down in the corners of the radiators, but they probably won't last as long being trapped between the radiator heat, engine heat, and exhaust heat.

If I rememeber correctly, the two fans together pull about 4.4 amps and the headlight pulls about 5 amps.
I wanted to get the amp draw close on fan start-up so I didn't keep surging the rectifier everytime I switched between them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know if Mt-Track will see this, but has anyone else run two of these on the front side of their radiators with success? I'm curious about prolonged use/abuse from rocks, crashes, cleaning, etc. I think this might be just the ticket for me to help with my cooling problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mtn-Track

Posted February 25, 2013 - 01:45 PM

^^^ So far no problems with any of what you state above. Very happy with the results and not a single cooling issue since!

• Troy35

Posted February 25, 2013 - 04:40 PM

Very cool! Thanks to you and the other guys that added info on this topic. I am going to do this.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.