pink wire mod

11 replies to this topic
  • lhufford

Posted May 24, 2011 - 09:23 PM

i have been reading up on ccc mods for a crf 250x and pink wire mod has come up a lot. what is the mod and how do u do it ? and what does it do ?

• mxscotty

Posted May 25, 2011 - 01:55 AM

Not time for a full explanation but here is a pic of where it is behind the LHS side panel (it basically allows an extra 500 revs at the top end) Pull pink wire out of plug (you can push it into the spare hole)

Posted Image

• Leardriver

Posted May 25, 2011 - 05:01 AM

When used along with a 250 R cam, the pink wire mod will give you a little more power.

Edited by Leardriver, May 29, 2011 - 07:00 AM.

• lhufford

Posted May 25, 2011 - 10:04 PM

sounds simple enough. cept i have the stock x header so i never go into the top end cus my bike just falls on its face. thanks for the reply and pic !

• Codeman00

Posted May 26, 2011 - 04:50 AM

I will have to disagree with what was said and there have been all kinds of differing opinions on this. Pulling the pink wire does more than affect the top end performance and add 500 RPMs. I can tell a huge difference from when its plugged in to when its not...the bike just accelerates quicker with the pink wire pulled (combined with the R cam). I would pull it and see if it makes a difference for you instead of just assuming that it affects the top end only. There are several posts already on this subject and they always end up in a good argument. :smirk:

• CRF420X

Posted May 26, 2011 - 08:20 AM

Don't cut it at first, put a switch on it instead. You'll see. To me, it not only revs higher it gets there quicker. Hard to explain but you can feel it. Whether its better or worse for your particular riding style is debatable of course but you can feel it even if you don't do any of the other CCC mods.

I have a fancy switch mounted, I usually leave my pink wire in the connected position because it seems like it reduces wheel spin and makes for a more planted feel. I prefer trials-esque single track over motocross. Your results may differ...

• ramz

Posted May 26, 2011 - 08:34 AM

More pink wire info here: CRF250X - Pink wire :smirk: :smirk:

• Codeman00

Posted May 26, 2011 - 09:44 AM

To me, it not only revs higher it gets there quicker. Hard to explain but you can feel it. Whether its better or worse for your particular riding style is debatable of course but you can feel it even if you don't do any of the other CCC mods

Exactly !!! :smirk:

• CRF420X

Posted May 27, 2011 - 09:09 AM

More pink wire info here: CRF250X - Pink wire :smirk: :smirk:

I wouldn't have guessed it Rick, but my company blocks your website now. We use Websense and it must be part of the default block list. Maybe its blocking you by category. Bastards!

• Kah Ran Nee

Posted May 27, 2011 - 06:49 PM

The 'pink wire' connects to an alternate ignition mapping in the ECU.
When you disconnect it, you are now on a 'performance' mapping.
It does raise the rev limiter, but that is not what you 'feel': you feel a change in the ignition advance curve, which gives you more throttle response, and slightly faster rev speed. It is subtle, but absolutely noticeable, especially if you have correct jetting, and are fully uncorked.

• Curtville

Posted May 30, 2011 - 04:50 PM

When I opened up the Air Box and removed the pink wire the bike didn't feel much different. Once I removed the baffle from the stock exhuast the bike seems to have more bottom end. I have a 42 Pilot Jet and a 55 Main Jet installed. Feels like the bike pick up 5 more HP. Love it! :smirk:

• nd4spdbh

Posted June 02, 2011 - 05:55 PM

the only real time your going to notice any power gains between the pink disconnected and not is if your running the 250R cam... the R cam compliments the well... R ignition curve better and extra revs much more so than the X cam... the R cam is still on the upward making HP when it would hit the X revlimiter, so the extra revs actually are usefull in pulling out a coupla more top end hp.... the extra revs on the X cam are pointless as with the x cam you peak in hp numbers a thousand or so revs before the x limiter... so theres no point to rev even further.

also it seems as if the bike revs MUCH quicker regardless of cam and even more so with the 250R cam with the pink wire cut. some dont like the extra twitchyness, myself personally think its amazing to have such crisp quick revs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Yamaha WR250F Vs. Honda CRF250X by james06

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  51 replies
Forums
Photo

What should my next bike be? by TrailRider24

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Exhaust! FMF powercore 4 or factory 4.1? by blakeruble

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

• Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

250 4t's vs 125 2t's by Maatt25

• Hot  61 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.